Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Make a wish....

Since today I am a quarter of a century old….I would have 25 candles on my cake. This means I have 25 wishes, which I listed below in no particular order (Please abstain from any comments on my wishes being selfish or self-serving….It is my birthday and I will wish what I want too!).

  1. World Peace (See I am not totally self centered)

  2. For perfect, shampoo commercial hair

  3. For the hair on my legs to cease and assist (aka fall out and never return)

  4. A deodorant that really works ALL day and really DOES NOT leave white streaks all over my clothing.

  5. Comfortable, fashionable AND affordable shoes

  6. A dryer that dries and then folds and/or hangs clothes.

  7. A cure for cancer, AIDS, and stretch marks (okay, okay, I was just making sure you were paying attention. A cure for cancer and AIDS.)

  8. Men could get pregnant, have babies, and breast feed. Then I could say, “Your vacation, oh, I mean your maternity leave” and they would know what true homicidal rage feels like.

  9. A house that self cleans. You know, kind of like a self cleaning oven, but for the whole house.

  10. A mute button for people (this includes children and infants).

  11. The ability to fly

  12. For women to not be afraid of their bodies, regardless of its size, we are all beautiful!

  13. For my children to lead happy and prosperous lives.

  14. For my boobs to return to their pre-pregnancy position instead of continuing their descent to my knees.

  15. Calorie free, fat free, good for you, Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Ice Cream

  16. A driver, there is so much I could do on my commute if I did not have to worry about driving.

  17. A dishwasher that would load itself, wash the dishes and unload itself.

  18. A Starbucks in my kitchen, or at the very least a daily delivery service

  19. Stiffer legal penalties (maybe involving unconstitutional torture) for sexual abuse against children.

  20. An annual, national conference for Maya’s Mom, in which an Airline decides to donate tickets (it being such a worthy cause), a hotel decides to jump on a band wagon and dole out a free stay to all attendees, and to top it off spa’s compete to offer their free services. Now if you could only find a reliable babysitter!

  21. To save enough money so my kids do not have to take out student loans for college.

  22. That any parent who has ever lost a child has at least one moment of pure joy today.

  23. For flawless skin, no more creams, peels, or ointments. Just naturally perfect skin.

  24. Mandatory PAID maternity leave for a minimum of 9 months to a maximum of 18 months for all mothers and up to 6 months PAID paternity leave for Daddies!!!!!!

  25. That I never forget how lucky I am, to have a great husband whom I love and respect, to have a beautiful and intelligent daughter and a baby on the way. To always remain humble, and keep my sense of humor. And to live everyday like it may be my last!


Please do not tell anyone or they will not come true.

No comments: